Flash is a technology that became a standard a few years back, and offered excellent effects such as animation and video. However, with the rise of Apple products such as iPads and iPhones, Flash quickly became a "dead" technology. Flash content is not able to play on these devices, which created a need for many business owners to replace their existing website.
Way To Grow needed to replace their previous Flash-based website, and hired RI Multimedia for this project. The project entailed a full replacement of the old site, which served as an opportunity to provide Way to Grow with the latest web technologies and a content management system.
Some notable features of this project:
- No more Flash!: Website now renders properly on all computers and mobile devices (phones, tablets, etc.).
- Mobile-Friendly: Using Responsive Web Design, the site is also optimized to shrink/arrange itself to be user-friendly for customers on phones and other small screens.
- Full Content Management System using Drupal: Drupal is a world-class CMS with global developer support. This translates into high website reliability, security and performance.
- Search Engine Optimization: The structure of the code used in development promotes higher ranking in search engines. All this behind the scenes!
- Video Production: RI Multimedia came in with professional lighting and HD cameras to shoot video to be used on the website. Our professional videographer made the kids and staff at Way to Grow feel comfortable, and was therefore able to get great footage. B-rolls (extra footage to enhance the story) were also captured. The footage was then spliced together with professional editing software to create informative videos for potential new customers.
- Client able to create and edit content: Way to Grow staff now has the capability to create content such as photo galleries, news and testimonials, right from their own computer. No developer support is necessary when time-critical website updates are required!
- Online Enrollment Application: Based on the existing paper form that parents use to apply as new customers, we developed a fully-automatic online form. Contents of the form are immediately emailed to the manager and are also saved in the content management system. Way to Grow staff may then update status of the applications or run reports. Data can even be exported to Excel for further analysis.
- Socal Media Support: The website is fully-integrated with Way to Grow's Facebook and Twitter accounts.